- Day Trips
- Things to Do
- Group Activities
- Science & Culture
- Mommy & Me Classes
- Youth Sports
- Public Libraries
- Birthday Parties
U.S. Space and Rocket Center –
Birmingham Zoo – Birmingham
McWane Science Center – Birmingham
NASA Space Camp- Huntsville
Six Flags Over Georgia – Atlanta
Alabama Safari Park
DeSoto Caverns – Childersburg
Alabama Splash Adventure Waterpark – Birmingham
Chewacla State Park – Auburn
Callaway Gardens – Pine Mountain
USS Alabama Battleship –
Wildlife Learning Museum
Montgomery Biscuits Baseball
Launch Trampoline Park
W.A. Gayle Planetarium
Alabama Nature Center and NaturePlex
of Fine Arts
ASF Acting Academy
AUM Youth Programs
AUM’s Youth Programs stimulate and nurture curious minds of students from kindergarten through 12th grade.
Summer offers exciting classes such as:
video game and app design, technology, magic, math, reading, writing, cooking, and more.
Alabama Youth Legislature
(334) 229-0033 • www.alyig.org
Teens can work with animals and receive leadership training
The camp offers live animal presentations, interaction with Educational animals; scavenger hunts, craft time, splash time, and games at the playground. Camps are available for ages 5-12 years old; half-day and full-day camps.
The Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts (334) 625-4333
MMFA offers classes for preschool and school age children. The preschool classes are designed for parent & child partners.
Montgomery Area Dixie
The City Parks and Recreation sponsors the Dixie Youth Baseball and Softball leagues at eight beautiful neighborhood zoned ballparks in the area. Registration is in February with play starting in March.
Montgomery Miracle League
Provides an opportunity for children and adults with physical and/or cognitive disabilities a chance to play baseball.
Armory offers pre-school gymnastics, recreational gymnastics, ninja classes, tumbling, and cheer. They also provide private gymnastics lessons and competitive teams, as well as birthday parties and other special events.
A nationally recognized competitive swim team that has produced Olympic swimmers.
Capital City Streaks Soccer
Provided by several local churches:
Frazer UMC (Montgomery): 272-8622
Vaughn Park Church (Montgomery):
New Home Baptist (Wetumpka): 567-5966
East Memorial Baptist (Prattville): 365-7500
Capital City Juniors
Central Alabama Youth
Football & Cheer League
Millbrook Mustangs Youth Football & Cheerleading
The Millbrook Youth Football League (The Millbrook Mustangs), established in 1969, is the oldest operating Youth Football and Cheerleading League in the Millbrook area.
Bell Road YMCA – (334) 271-4343
Britton YMCA – (334) 299-0035
Cleveland Avenue YMCA – (334) 256-0566
Downtown YMCA – (334) 269-4362
East Family YMCA – (334) 272-3390
Grandview Family YMCA – (334) 290-9622
Kershaw YMCA – (334) 265-1433
Southeast YMCA – (334) 262-6411
Wilson YMCA – (334) 279-8666
Wetumpka YMCA – (334) 567-8282
(334) 240-4992 • www.mccpl.lib.al.us
The Montgomery City-County Public Library System has 10 branches across the county. Services offered include:
• free internet access at all 10 locations
• author talks and book signings
• children’s & teen programming
• book clubs
• extensive reference assistance
• real time internet chat-based homework
help through tutor.com
• free practice testing through
• movies, music and eBooks
Juliette Hampton Morgan Memorial
Library – (334) 240-4999
E.L. Lowder Regional Library
Coliseum Boulevard Branch Library
Hampstead Library –
Pike Road Branch Library –
Autauga-Prattville Public Library
Wetumpka Public Library
Millbrook Public Library
Looking for the perfect place to have your kid’s next birthday party? Here are our top picks:
- Biscuits Baseball offers options for parties and outings with groups of twenty or more. Perks include ticket discounts, provided flyers and e-vites, raffle prizes, group photos, and a chance to be featured on the scoreboard!
- Armory Athletics is the perfect place for kids who want to get moving— their birthday package includes an hour of fun gym time and designated time for eating cake and opening presents.
- Eastdale Mall’s Ice Palace is the perfect place for a party- kids (and parents!) can skate to their heart’s content at this indoor ice rink. There is a discounted rate available for groups.
- YMCA’s Camp Chandler is a great place to celebrate a birthday outdoors. Choose from activities including archery, canoeing, and cane pole fishing. Contact your local YMCA branch for other party options.
- Rockin’ Jump has a variety of birthday party packages to choose from- all packages come with pizza and drinks in a private room. Parties have full access to the park, including open jump areas, a dodgeball arena, and more!
- The Montgomery Zoo’s parties include set-up and clean-up by the staff. There are several different packages to choose from, with features including small snacks and pizza, zoo-themed cakes, and animal visitors.
- Tonya Speed’s Dance Connection offers dance parties that are sure to be memorable. Themes include pop star, disco diva, and more. Who knows- you might even be able to convince a Disney princess to show up!
Kids can burn off some energy, and parents can take a break on a bench at one of these city parks that offer plenty of playground essentials like swings, slides, monkey bars, climbing walls, and more.
- Ida Bell Young Park
- Oak Park
- Vaughn Road Park
- Gold Star Park
- Pratt Park
- Spinners Park
- Overlook Memorial Park
- Memorial Center Park
- Legacy Park
- Robinson Springs Park