Moving to a new area is so exciting! There’s so much to do, from finding the perfect house to setting up your utilities. One of the most exciting things about moving is decorating your brand new (at least to you) house.
It’s so much fun to shop around and find the perfect pieces to make your new house feel like a true home. Here’s your guide to where you need to shop when decorating your new home in the River Region.
1. Montgomery Antiques and Interiors has everything you need to decorate your new home with classic pieces. This cool spot was founded in 2012 and is home to over twenty different Alabama-based vendors that sell everything from fine antiques and silver to vintage jewelry and furniture. If you’re looking for something that will bring a touch of the past to your home decor, you have to check out MAI. Plus, they can help with restoring antiques like clocks. Whether you’re looking for an Art Nouveau piece or something with a Mid-Century Modern vibe, you’re sure to find it at Montgomery Antiques and Interiors.
P.S. Don’t feel like leaving the house? You can shop MAI’s inventory online!
2. Prattville Pickers is Alabama’s largest indoor antique mall and marketplace. It’s filled with over 300 vendors that sell a variety of new and old items. Once you find the perfect piece for your new home, you can even purchase Fusion Mineral Paint and brushes here to give it new life. Plus, you can bring your pup along with you! What’s not to love about Prattville Pickers?
3. Rescued Relics is run by Old Alabama Town volunteers and features the coolest items salvaged from renovated historic homes. You can find everything from vintage doors and windows to cool mantelpieces and furniture here. They’re only open Tuesday through Thursday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., so make sure you plan ahead before making a trip to visit them.
4. Georgia Floors Direct offers custom flooring and area rugs that will suit your style and make your new house feel like a home. They can come up with a flooring solution for any space and decor style.
5. Eastbrook Antique and Flea Market covers 60,000 square feet and is home to over 300 unique vendors that sell all kinds of vintage and antique wares. Once you’re done picking over their amazing selection and finding pieces for your new home, head next door to Helping Hands and see what else you can find.
6. At Home sells almost everything you need to furnish and decorate your new home. They have arguably the largest selection of new home decor in our area. You’re almost guaranteed to find something for your new home here.
7. Pickwick Antiques specializes in fine English and French antiques. They collect and sell fine china, pottery, and antique furniture. Plus, they sell the coolest paintings and wall art you can use to jazz up your new space.
8. Amy’s Antique & Flea Mall is a 20,000 square-foot store with 100 vendor booths filled with old and new finds. Make sure to keep up with their Facebook page if you want to learn about the newest pieces before everyone else sees them in the store!