One of the most important factors in moving to a new place is finding the right school for your children!
Montgomery Public Schools is guided by a students-first philosophy. Our mission is to provide safe and caring communities where teachers teach and students learn at higher levels.
MPS has a variety of academic programs and services to meet the diverse needs and interests of our students. We offer traditional schools with a full range of curriculum complemented by cultural arts, music, foreign languages, technology, career-technical education, and athletic programs.
The district is comprised of 30,000 students in 53 schools and has a variety of academic programs and services designed to meet the diverse needs and interests of students.
MPS offers a full range of curricula, complemented by college preparatory programs, cultural arts, music, foreign languages, technology, career education, and athletics. The system is home to 10 magnet programs that cover all grade levels with focuses ranging from performing arts, science, technology, and accelerated academics to international studies.
The Montgomery Preparatory Academy for Career Technologies (MPACT) opened in 2012 and provides high school students with training and certification in skilled trades such as welding, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry.
Montgomery also offers many private school options listed below:
- Alabama Christian Academy (K3-12) alabamachristian.org
- Bethany Christian Academy (K5-8) antp25.adventistschoolconnect.org
- Churchill Academy (K-12) churchillacademy.net
- Cornerstone Classical Christian Academy (K4-12) ccamontgomery.org
- Eastwood Christian School (K4-12) eastwoodschool.org
- Evangel Christian Academy (K4-12) ecalions.org
- Holy Cross Episcopal School (PreK-6) holycrossmontgomery.org
- Lighthouse Christian Academy (K2- 9th) lcapirates.com
- Montessori Academy (12 months – Kindergarten) montessorimontgomery.com
- Montessori at Hampstead (18 mo- 6 yrs) mshmontgomery.org
- Montgomery Adventist School (2- 8) montgomery22.adventistschoolconnect.org
- Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School (K4-12) montgomerycatholic.org
- Montgomery Christian School (K5-5) montgomerychristianschool.org
- Resurrection Catholic (K4-8) rcsmontgomery.org
- Saint James School “STJ” (K3-12) stjweb.org
- Success Unlimited Academy (K4-12) suacademy.com
- The Montgomery Academy (K-12) Montgomeryacademy.org
- The Rock School (K-12) rockwarriors.org
- Trinity Presbyterian School trinitywildcats.com
- Valiant Cross Academy (6- 10) valiantcross.org
Finding the best school for your child can seem like a chore. Let’s be honest, with educational budgets being slashed regularly in the US, you worry about whether or not your child is getting the best education possible.
If you’re considering alternative elementary, junior high or high school options you may want to interview your top schools listed above. Choosing a school for your child may feel overwhelming. So, exactly how do you go about deciding if your new school will meet your child’s needs?
Check out these five tips for finding the right fit for your student(s).
1. Create a list of criteria a school will need to meet. Consider things like affordability and financial aid. Is this school easy to drop off and pick up. Do they offer curriculum that interests your child. etc.
2. Visit each school that meets your criteria and make sure this is an environment they will thrive in.
3. Will this school challenge your child enough? Or consider the opposite? Will your child struggle with the curriculum?
4. Is this best for the whole family? Are you unnecessarily splitting your children up? Will everyone attend? Is this the right fit for everyone involved?
5. Compare your admissions testing to help you better judge which schools may be the best ones to apply to.
Getting your child involved in the decision-making process will help them to feel confident when they start school. Choose the elementary school that best suits their personality and style; it’s best to go with your gut on this.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and Be The First To Know What Is Happening In Your Community. Sign Up Here: https://knowthecommunity.com/about/enewcomer/