Most cat-lovers know: there is no worse experience than taking your “doesn’t-like-the-car (or carrier)” cat to the vet. KtC has found a great local solution to help your cat (and you!) have a more pleasant experience. The American Association of Feline Practitioners has developed a certification for “Cat Friendly Practices.” Of only 1,000 in the United States, Montgomery is home to one: Taylor Crossing Animal Hospital.
- Sounds: iCalm Cat Music, with soothing rhythms and low frequencies, helps to reduce kitty’s stress. Speaking in soft voices and minimizing loud, sudden noises is paramount.
- Smells: Calming pheromone diffusers and spray help reduce Fluffy’s anxiety.
- Environment: Soft, padded surfaces are utilized, along with blankets, to calm your pet.
- Food: Bring your cat hungry- happy cats will be rewarded with yummy treats!
- Play: Your curious cat can explore Taylor Crossing’s cat tree to help them enjoy their “field trip.” They can also entertain themselves with toy mice, or even get a pet massage.
For more information about the Cat Friendly Certification, visit www.catvets.com. For more information on feline office visits and boarding, visit www.taylorcrossingvet.com.