- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, or one hour three times a week. This keeps your metabolism up, burns fat, and decreases the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Eat lean meats, fruits, and vegetables- and drink plenty of water! Stay away from processed foods. Try baking, steaming, or grilling meats and vegetables instead of frying.
- Choose good fats such as avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, and seeds. This will help you feel full and prevent overeating.
- Know your numbers. Check your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and blood sugar at least yearly to make sure you are in the normal range.
- Get plenty of sleep. Rest is important for your immune system. If you do not feel rested after a full night of sleep, see your doctor for an evaluation.
Dr. Mark Lindsey and Dr. Kathryn Lindsey share a passion and commitment to meeting the total healthcare needs of their patients. Preventative screenings and healthy lifestyle maintenance are encouraged at Alabama Family Practice and Laser Wellness Med Spa. Skincare and aesthetic services, nutritional supplements, and traditional health care for patients from pediatrics to geriatrics are provided.