Before meeting with a lender, or even going house hunting, you need to start by gathering the basic documentation needed to apply for a mortgage. Being proactive in gathering paperwork will help the home-buying process go more quickly and smoothly.
Before making an offer on a house, it is a good idea to have your lender issue a condition free pre-approval letter. This will make your offer stronger and more appealing to the sellers of the home. Once your lender has reviewed your basic documents, they may need additional information. Don’t be alarmed – getting a home loan is a detailed process that has to meet many government guidelines.
So what exactly will you need to apply for a mortgage? We asked the experts at Anchor Mortgage, and here’s what we found out!
- Government Issued Photo Identification
- Two-Year Residency History
- Real Estate Agent Contact Information
- Last 2 Months Bank Statements For Accounts Of Assets To Be Used For The Down Payment (All Pages)
- Last 30 Days Paystubs
- Last 2 Years W-2’s
- Two-Year Employment History
(After The Offer Is Accepted)
- Purchase Agreement (Contract)
- Earnest Money Deposit Receipt
(May Be Required)
- Last Two Years Business Tax Returns (If Self-Employed)
- Divorce Decree And Evidence Of Alimony Or Child Support (If Using To Qualify)
- Gift Letter
- Bankruptcy Documents (If Applicable)
- DD214 (For Veterans or Active Military)
Vicki Williams moved to town at the age of four from Raleigh, North Carolina, and grew up to graduate from Lanier High School and Auburn University. Vicki founded Anchor Mortgage Services, Inc. in 1988. She is committed to providing excellent assistance to clients looking to purchase and refinance homes in the River Region and throughout the State of Alabama. Vicki supports her local community through charitable contributions to Hope Inspired Ministries, the Montgomery Council on Aging, the Montgomery Chamber of Commerce, and Valiant Cross Academy.
Reba Curtis has been with Anchor since the doors opened in 1987. It is her desire to continue to be an encouragement to clients as they journey through the process of obtaining their dream of owning not just a house, but their home. She and her husband have been married for 33 years and have one son, JB.